Our mild addiction to the food section in Target led us to this recipe. Salty, spicy and nutty this snack is equally suited as a starter for an Asian-inspired meal or snack for the big game. Avoid missing the third quarter by remembering to use aluminum foil to protect your baking sheet.
Equipment Needed: Baking Sheet, Aluminum Foil, Mixing Bowl, Microwave-safe Container (to melt the butter), Fork
Serving Suggestion: Family Style
Servings: 6 ish
Suggested Wine Pairing: Whatever you’re drinking
Suggested Beer Pairing: Whatever you’re drinking
- 10 oz almonds ($3.99/10 oz)
- 1/4 C soy sauce ($2.50/10 oz)
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter ($4.99/lb)
- 2 TBSP wasabi powder ($3/1 oz jar)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Put the butter in a microwave-safe device (we used a coffee mug) and melt it completely.
- Mix in the soy sauce and wasabi powder. Put your almonds in the mixing bowl and line the baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Pour the mix over the almonds and toss them to coat evenly. Pop those puppies in the oven for 5 minutes, stir them and bake for another 5. Wait for them to cool before serving. If the spirit moves you, toss them with a little sea salt and some extra wasabi powder to taste.