It’s that special time of year where winter refuses to release its icy grip and spring keeps hinting that it’s just around the corner. 62 and sunny one day, then 30 and snowing the next. It’s enough to drive you to drink; thankfully we’ve got you covered. The Mexican Snakebite features apple cider and cinnamon to satisfy those winter flavor cravings, while the añejo tequila is a smoky little stomach sombrero to remind you that warmer days are nigh.
Equipment Needed: Rocks Glass, Spoon, Shot Glass
- 1 shot añejo tequila (about $30/750ml)
- 8 oz hard apple cider (we used Naked Flock Pumpkin, about $7.99/22 oz)
- 1 stick cinnamon ($3.59/2 oz jar)
- Ground cinnamon ($3.49/2.4 oz)
- Pour the cider into your rocks glass then add the tequila.
- Add a dash of ground cinnamon (or two if you’re feeling wild) and give it a light stir. Drop in a cinnamon stick for garnish and a nice warming layer.