Piccata to go.
Remember that Chicken Piccata you made that was so awesome? Wouldn’t it be great to make it portable? Stop your wishing right there and just add bread.
Equipment Needed: Cutting Board, Bread Knife or Chef’s Knife
Serving Suggestion: Individual
- Leftover chicken picatta
- Leftover arugula
- Leftover artichoke hearts
- Parmagiano reggiano cheese
- Hot sauce, pesto or mayo
- Italian bread
- Cut yourself off a decent piece of Italian bread (4-6 inches) and slice it lengthwise.
- Layer some arugula on the bottom, put chicken on top, add some artichokes and grate cheese on the whole heap. Add your dressing of choice and enjoy.
- Bonus points for toasting it.
Different preparation, different dining experience. Work with us here, people.
Introducing our new post category, the Righteous Remix, or leftovers for you laypeople. It’s the day after, there’s some remains from yesterday but you don’t want to just nuke ‘em and power through it. Give those scraps a little life with these quick and easy ideas to turn afterthoughts into an after party for your stomach. Tonight, it’s personal pizzas with the leftovers from yesterday’s pita wraps.
Equipment Needed: Baking Sheet, Spoon, Frying Pan, Cutting Board, Chef’s Knife, Basting Brush
Serving Suggestion: Individual Plating
- Leftover tzatziki sauce
- Leftover pita filling
- Leftover feta chese
- Leftover Mediterranean-style pita bread
- Olive oil
- Any additional items you’d want to use as toppings (we sliced up some banana peppers).
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Brush olive oil on both sides of the pita bread and place on the baking sheet.
- Spread an even layer of tzatziki sauce on top of each pita and top with leftover fillings and feta cheese. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the bread is crispy. Cut into quarters for easy eating.