And pork chops, and pork tenderloin, and ribs, and pulled pork, and…well you get the point. For our conscientious lesson of the day, it’s important to understand where your food comes from and to do your best to use sustainable practices when buying and cooking. Do you need to buy macrobiotic turnips that were fertilized with locally sourced wagyu manure at $7 a pound. No, unless your a pretentious douche. What it does mean is try to buy local and in season when you can. You’re helping people trying to make a living with honest, tasty products as well as reducing the environmental impact of long distance food shipping. Go hit your local farmers’ market today or join a CSA and make a friend (and dinner).
Find Your Favorites
- RT @AdventuresInRB: It's #ChineseNewYear & #SuperBowl weekend. Celebrate both with our Asian-inspired ribs, nachos & dip http://t.co/Mhpbxt… 3 years ago
- RT @AdventuresInRB: After months of hard work our @Etsy store is live! Check out our signature #cocktail nuts, guides, & #vintage finds htt… 3 years ago
- School's out for-ever bit.ly/19EWLQI. BBSC is closing up but you can still get your fix at @AdventuresInRB. Thanks for your support! 3 years ago
- The #bacon weave choco taco dudefoods.com/bacon-weave-ch… our minds have been blown #needthisinourlives #passthedefibrilator 4 years ago
- As if you needed them, here are 22 Excellent Reasons To Drink More Whiskey buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/exc… 4 years ago
What’s Cookin’?appetizer apple cider apples artichokes arugula bacon baked beans beef beer blood orange blue cheese boiled braised broccoli butter carrots cheddar cheese chicken cinnamon sticks cocktail condiment cranberries CSA dessert eggs farmers market feta cheese fontina cheese garlic greenmarket grill grilled homegrown ice Italian kale lamb lemon lemons let's make bad decisions locavore main course maple syrup mashed Mediterranean Mexican mozzarella no-cook onions oven parmigiano reggiano cheese pasta pickled pizza pork potatoes prosciutto roasted roasting rosemary rye whiskey sausage seafood side dish snack soup stove top sugar sweet corn tomatoes turkey vegetarian vodka walnuts