Got a craving for a sweet and savory treat with a little hey-how’s-your-uncle kick to get your tastebuds moving? Try our nuts. This lumberjack-approved snack comes from Jake’s undying love for pure maple syrup and his daily quest to find new things to pour it on. Perfect for cocktail parties, impromptu gatherings or having on hand for a quick nosh.
Equipment Needed: Mixing Bowl, Large Fork, Baking Sheet, Oven
Serving Suggestion: Family Style
Servings: Depends on how hungry you are and what else there is to eat
Suggested Wine Pairing: Whatever you’re drinking
Suggested Beer Pairing: Whatever you’re drinking
- 3 cups of walnut halves and pieces ($8.99/bag)
- 1/4 stick of butter ($4.99/lb package)
- 1/4 C Grade A Dark Amber maple syrup ($8.99/16 oz bottle)
- 2-3 TBSP cayenne pepper ($3/bottle)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Melt the butter for about 30-45 seconds in the microwave or two minutes over medium/low heat on the stove. Pour it over the nuts, then pour in the syrup and mix until evenly coated.
- Spread the walnuts out on a baking sheet and sprinkle the cayenne pepper over the top. Be sure to be consistent or risk serving someone a painfully firey nut (bad news all around, trust us).
- Throw those bad boys in the oven for about 6-8 minutes (you’ll know if you overdo them, things will start smoking). Take them out and salt to taste. Let them cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.