Do you often find yourself thinking, man, I don’t eat enough prosciutto? Well call us enablers ’cause you’re about to get your fix. This time we’re wrapping dates stuffed with the can’t miss combo of blue cheese and walnuts. Yeah, we’re twitching with anticipation too. You’re welcome.
Equipment Needed: Paring Knife, Cutting Board, Baking Sheet, Basting Brush, Bowl, Oven
Serving Suggestion: Family Style
Suggested Wine Pairing: Whatever you’re drinking
Suggested Beer Pairing: Whatever you’re drinking
- 1 4 oz package of prosciutto ($5.99)
- about 20 dried dates (about $5/8 oz)
- 6 oz blue cheese crumbles (about $7/lb)
- 1/2 C walnuts (about $8.99/bag)
- Grade A Dark Amber maple syrup ($8.99/16 oz bottle)
- Preheat your oven to 375° F before you start your other prep work.
- Chop your walnuts into tiny little pieces (about the size of a pea) and mix together in a bowl with the blue cheese.
- Insert the tip of your paring knife into the hole of the date where it was pitted. Slice lengthwise on one side and repeat until you’re out of dates.
- Take your prosciutto and slice each piece lengthwise into three pieces.
- Stuff some of the cheese and nut mixture into each date; be careful not to over stuff, the date should still be able to close (kinda). Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each piece and place them on an oven sheet, evenly spaced.
- Throw those puppies in the oven for about 6 minutes. Take them out and brush each one with maple syrup and pop them back in to the heating-up machine for another two minutes. Let cool and devour.