When you think about it, it’s pretty great that with some simple variations you can take the classic egg cream recipe to a whole new level. If you haven’t been thinking about it then you’ve obviously got mismatched priorities. Here’s a simple twist that evokes holiday memories all year round by mimicking the flavors of one of our favorite Christmas treats.
Equipment Needed: Pint Glass, Spoon
Serving Suggestion: Individual
- Milk (for richer drinks use higher fat milk, $1.19/QT)
- Cherry flavored Seltzer ($1/L)
- Fox’s U-Bet chocolate syrup (about $4/20 oz bottle)
- 3 ice cubes (free)
- Add the ice cubes into your pint glass and pour in about 1/2 inch of chocolate syrup. Fill the glass about 3/4 full with seltzer and top it off with milk.
- Stir the mix thoroughly and give it a sip. It should be more seltzer-y than milky; add more of whatever you need to balance the taste to your liking.