This simple drink is perfect for the seasonal limbo that is September. Is it summer? Is it fall? Well, it’s still warm enough to need something refreshing but nice to have something with a little backbone should the wind pick up. The sweet tartness of the blood orange soda is a nice precursor to the rich warmth of the rye. Put on a cardigan, roll the sleeves up, and mix one up.
Equipment Needed: Rocks Glass, Spoon, Shot Glass
- 1 shot rye (we used Rittenhouse; about $25/750 ml)
- 8 oz San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa soda ($4.99/6 pack)
- Add 4 ice cubes to your rocks glass and pour in a shot of rye.
- Top it off with soda and stir.
- Quaff and start hoarding acorns for the winter.