Beer cocktails have been in the steady rotation for us over the past couple of months (which is partially why we’ve been so lax in posting). In a recent stroke of madness/genius, Jake decided to try a little rye on rye action with a dash of complexity from Cynar and a sweet finish courtesy of Cherry Heering. This one’s full of big flavors that will make you smile like you’re in on an inside joke…or just like you’ve had a pint glass full of liquor.
Equipment Needed: Pint Glass, Cocktail Spoon, Jigger or Shot Glass
- 1 oz rye whiskey (about $30/750 ml)
- 1/2 oz Cynar (about $25/750 ml)
- 1/2 oz Cherry Heering (about $30/750 ml)
- 12 oz rye IPA (we used Sierra Nevada’s Ruthless Rye IPA, about $10.99/6 pack)
- 1 small sprig of rosemary for garnish ($1.50/ sprig)
- Pour in your hard liquors and stir them together. Add the rye beer and stir slowly to mix further without making everything foam up. If you want to dilute the drink now’s the time to add an ice cube or two.
- Garnish with rosemary. Drink, smile wryly, repeat.